Do I Need an Attorney to Handle My Personal Injury Case?

What Does A Personal Injury Attorney Do?

If you or a loved one are injured in a car accident or other type of roadway collision, you will want compensation from the liable party for your damaged property and injured body. You will wonder; How do I go about seeking compensation? Do I need an attorney to handle my personal injury case?

If an injured person attempts to handle their claim on their own, they are at a huge disadvantage. They will be battling against the at fault person’s insurance company, and the insurance company representative will be an insurance adjuster or attorney who is a trained professional. Their job, Monday to Friday, Nine to Five, is to make sure the insurance company pays you as little as possible for your losses and injuries. They take classes, attend seminars and training, and have scripts, systems and computer software at their disposal. The insurance adjuster will use multiple dirty tricks once they know you are not a legal professional:

  • Try to put blame on you;
  • Ask you to make a recorded statement, to use against you later;
  • Ask you questions like “How are you?” to get you to answer “Fine.” or “OK.”;
  • Imply you must settle your bodily injury claim to get your vehicle repaired or replaced;
  • Offer you less on your claim since you may not know the approximate value.

You need to have a professional representing your best interests! Your personal injury attorney can make sure the insurance company does not take advantage of you. A personal injury attorney can:

  • Make sure that the insurance company is using the proper comparative negligence law as it relates in Connecticut;
  • Can make statements to the insurance company on your behalf;
  • Can acquire the police accident report;
  • Can compile medical records and bills and present them to the insurance company in the light most favorable to you;
  • Settle your property claim to get your vehicle repaired or replaced;
  • Offer letters of protection to medical providers, stopping collection calls and getting you medical care that could otherwise not be available to you; and
  • Determine an approximate value for your case once you are finished treating.

If you have been injured in a car accident, pedestrian accident or other type of roadway accident, a slip and fall or other injury on some ones property, or in any type of accident caused by the negligence or recklessness of another, you will want to have a personal injury attorney represent you. The Law Office of Eugene Glouzgal, LLC can make sure you get proper and adequate compensation for you damaged property and injured body. Contact us today for a free consultation.